Being Australia’s most populated state, Sydney is home to over 5 million people, 5 million registered motor vehicles and no homes in the city’s inner suburbs with median prices under $500,000. However, it’s not just Sydney metro that’s under pressure. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that regional NSW’s population grew to 24.2 million in June 2016, seeing a 18 per cent increase since 2006.
That’s why, coined with the term ‘building NSW’s future’, the 9th Annual NSW Major Projects Conference 2017 instantly bodes well with attendees; a conference with a proactive focus regarding the issues created by rapid population growth.
The 9th Annual NSW Major Projects Conference 2017 is a two-day event, held on the 14-15 November, at the newly refurbished International Convention Centre – Sydney.
The event features industry-expert speakers presenting on significant infrastructure projects and plans in the state. Attracting over 250 attendees annually, the conference is the largest of its kind in NSW.
With the $73 billion NSW infrastructure funding from the NSW Government, the Conference’s agenda features a range of projects covering sectors such as public transport, roads, hospitals, schools and airports.
The NSW Major Projects Conference will encompass detailed discussion of all kinds of industry projects, including those funded by the private sector.
Just some of those on the current agenda are:
- Terry Champman, Project Director, WestConnex Stage 1 (M4 Widening and M4 East), Sydney Motorway Corporation updating attendees on Australia’s largest transport infrastructure project, WestConnex
- Tom Gellibrand, Deputy Program Director – Sydney Metro, Transport for NSW discussing Australia’s largest public transport project, Sydney Metro
- Tim Poole, Program Director – Parramatta Light Rail, Transport for NSW will present on the Parramatta Light Rail and how its production will help cement the western suburb as an additional hub separate from Sydney
- Andrew Summers, Project Director, Sydney Light Rail Delivery Office, Transport for NSW will also talk on how Sydney’s light rail projects will help create more efficient transport systems, especially with a population estimated to rise by 1.6 million in coming decades
- Matt Coetzee, Managing Principal, Environment and Planning, Aurecon will outline how the Western Sydney Aerotropolis will leverage the area into a commercial and residential hub
- Dafydd Wyn Owen, Partner, HKA will talk on the exciting developments regarding the Hyperloop.
- Additionally there are over 15 more specialised topic speakers, plus panel discussions and specialised networking sessions.
The 9th Annual NSW Major Projects Conference 2017, 14-15 November at the International Convention Centre – Sydney, is the state’s premiere event and brings together senior-level industry experts to discuss the projects that will build NSW’s future.
Expotrade is a global conference and event organizer with its head office based in Melbourne, Australia. Expotrade has delivered some of the largest, most successful B2B industry conferences and events in the areas of infrastructure, major projects, sustainability, technology & architecture. For almost 10 years, our unique blend of knowledge, experience and flexibility has accomplished an array of consistently top quality events. Today, Expotrade events enjoy such a distinctive edge, they are amongst the best patronised in the calendar.
For more information, visit www.expotradeglobal.com
Expotrade Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 1, Level 1, 2 Brandon Park Drive
Wheelers Hill VIC 3150 Australia